Fan Art Contest Rules
By participating in the Bendy Fan Art Contest (the “Contest”), each you agree to be bound by these Official Rules (the “Rules”) and by the interpretation of these Rules by Joey Drew Studios Inc. (“Sponsor”). In order to enter the Contest, you must follow all of the official Rules and your fan art submission (“Submission”) must meet the eligibility criteria below.
There will be one (1) prize awarded (the “Prize”), consisting of a $2 per unit sold USD cash prize and opportunity to have your Submission turned into official Bendy and the Ink Machine merchandise (“Merchandise”).
SPONSOR WILL DECIDE, IN ITS SOLE DISCRETION, WHETHER OR NOT TO ADAPT ANY SUBMISSION OR INCLUDE ANY SUBMISSION AS MERCHANDISE. IF SPONSOR DECIDES TO INCLUDE THE SUBMISSION IN ANY MERCHANDISE, IT WILL HAVE THE FULL AND FINAL SAY OVER ALL MATTERS RELATED TO THE USE AND ADAPTION OF THE SUBMISSION. SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO MODIFY THE SUBMISSION ANY WAY TO ENSURE SUITABILITY FOR USE AS OR PART OF MERCHANDISE.
VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
This Contest is open to residents of Canada (excluding Quebec), the United States and the European Union who are the age of 16 in their jurisdiction of residence, except employees, representatives and agents (including any persons with whom they are domiciled, whether related or not) of Sponsor. Any Entrant who is under the age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence must have parental consent.
Sponsor will have the right to request from any individual who has submitted an entry (each an “Entrant”) to provide proof of identity and/or eligibility to participate. Failure to provide proof within a reasonable time or the provision of false or misleading information could result in the Entrant’s disqualification. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any Entrants who, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, do not comply with these Rules or who otherwise tamper with the entry process. Eligible individuals may submit multiple Submission entries.
In order to be eligible for the Prizes, Submissions must:
- Be wholly original;
- Have been created by the Entrant;
- Be submitted using the official form on the official Joey Drew Studios website located at https://store.bendyandtheinkmachine.com/pages/fan-art
- Be at least 1,000px by 1,000px in size and 300dpi;
- Consist of a traditional drawing or digital drawing (excluding any manipulated photos, screenshots, or image edits).
- NOT have been previously submitted to any Bendy and the Ink Machine or third-party contest;
- NOT contain any nudity or other offensive content;
- NOT contain any copyrighted characters or works of any other franchise or series other than Bendy and the Ink Machine.
BY ENTERING THE CONTEST YOU HEREBY AGREE THAT IF YOU ARE DECLARED THE WINNER ALL RIGHT, TITLE, AND INTEREST IN YOUR SUBMISSION DESIGN WILL OWNED BY JOEY DREW STUDIOS INC. UPON BEING SELECTED AS THE WINNER, YOU HEREBY AGREE TO ASSIGN TO JOEY DREW STUDIOS INC. ALL INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS YOU HAVE IN THE SUBMISSION TO DESIGN, ARISING ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD, INCLUDING COPYRIGHT.
The Contest begins at 0:01 a.m. EST on 8/13/2019. To enter, an eligible individual must submit his or her Submission using the form available at: https://store.bendyandtheinkmachine.com/pages/fan-art;
All Submissions must include the Entrant’s full name, address, telephone number and e-mail address for the purpose of contacting potential winners.
Entrants must submit their Submission before 11:59 P.M. EST on 9/02/2019 (“Deadline”).
The Prizes will be awarded by a panel of judges (“Jury”), consisting of representatives of the Sponsor. The Jury will award the Prizes based on the quality and originality of the Submission. The criteria to be used for judging and their relative weight will be as follows:
- Originality: 50%
- Relevance to Bendy and the Ink Machine themes, style and storylines: 50%
Any submission that does not comply with the Submission requirements above will receive a score of zero.
The Prize winners will be determined by 9/17/2019
The odds of winning this Contest depend on the number of eligible Submissions receive
Upon contacting a potential winner and determining that he/she has met all eligibility requirements of the Contest, such individual will be declared a “Winner” of the Contest.
By entering the Contest, you agree that you (a) have complied and will continue to comply with these Rules; (b) will accept the Prize as offered if selected as the Winner; (c) will keep his/her winning notification confidential until notified by Sponsor if selected as the Winner; (d) release Sponsor, its agents, employees, contractors and any other parties to be added to the Release in Sponsor’s sole discretion (the “Released Parties”) from any and all liability arising from your participation in the Contest or acceptance, use, misuse or awarding of the Prize (if selected as the Winner); (e) indemnify the Released Parties from any and all losses that Sponsor may incur arising out of any act or omission by you in connection with the Contest or the Prize; and except where prohibited by law, acknowledge Sponsor’s and its authorized representatives’ right to publish and/or broadcast your name and/or statements without further compensation, if you are selected as the Winner, other than the Prize offered.
REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES OF ENTRANT
Each Entrant warrants and represents that his or her Submission:
- Is original to him or her and that the Entrant has all necessary rights in and to the Submission submitted for the Contest;
- Does not violate any law, statute, ordinance or regulation;
- Does not contain any reference to an identifiable individuals;
- Will not give rise to any claims of infringement, invasion of privacy or publicity, or infringe on any rights and/or interests of any third party, or give rise to any claims for payment whatsoever; and
- Is not defamatory, trade libelous, pornographic or obscene, and further that it will not contain, depict, include, or involve, without limitation:
- Nudity, explicit or graphic sexual activity;
- Crude, vulgar, or offensive language and/or symbols;
- Derogatory characterizations of any ethnic, racial, sexual, or religious groups;
- Content that endorses, condones or discusses and illegal or inappropriate behavior or conduct;
- Conduct or other activities in violation of these Rules;
- Commercial messages, comparisons or solicitations for products or services other than those of sponsor;
- Any identifiable third party products and/or trade-marks or brands;
- Any other content that is or could be considered inappropriate, unsuitable or offensive, all as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to edit or modify any Submission, or to request an Entrant to modify or edit his or her Submission, in order to ensure that the Submission complies with these Rules or for any other reason.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY AND RELEASE
By entering the Contest and submitting a Submission, each Entrant:
- Grants to the Sponsor a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, perpetual, and sub-licensable license to use, copy, display, adapt, modify and create derivative works from your Submission, for any purpose, including but not limited to promoting any Bendy and the Ink Machine products and services;
- Hereby waives all moral rights in and to his or her Submission in favour of Sponsor (and anyone authorized by the Sponsor to use the Submission); and
- Agrees to release, indemnify and hold harmless the Sponsor and its agents, employees, directors, successors, and assigns (collectively, the “Releasees”) against any and all claims based on publicity rights, defamation, invasion of privacy, copyright infringement, trade-mark infringement or any other intellectual property-related cause of action. For greater certainty, the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to modify, edit, or remove, any Submission, or to request Entrant to modify or edit his or her Submission, if a complaint is received with respect to the Submission or for any other reason.
You hereby agree to assist and to co-operate fully with Sponsor, and will, at Sponsor’s expense, sign further documents and do such acts, deeds, assurances and other things from time to time, at any time, as reasonably requested by Sponsor to carry out and give full effect to the terms, conditions, intent and meaning of this Agreement, including without limitation confirming and recording (a) Sponsor’s ownership or rights in a Submission and (b) the waiver of your moral rights therein.
This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial, state and municipal laws and regulations. By entering the Contest, participants agree to be bound by these official Rules and by the decisions of the contest jury and/or Sponsor, which shall be final on all matters relating to this Contest. These Rules shall be governed and interpreted by the laws in effect in Ontario, Canada.
If for any reason the online portion of this Contest is not capable of being completed as planned because of, but not limited to, computer virus, bugs, tampering, technical failures, or other causes beyond the control of Sponsor, Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend or modify the Contest.